Accessing menu objects

  • jimfromf1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2002
      I'm new to Win32::GuiTest and am having trouble trying to understand how to do some things. For a simple example, I can't see how to access the "File" menu in applications other than by using SendKeys with shortcuts. Using Notepad as an example, I'd like to be able to click on "File" and then "Open" or "Save As". Is there a way to do this with Win32::GuiTest?????

      Thanks for you help!

      Jim
    • ctrondlpaulsden
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2002
        # This example closes Notepad through the menu if it is in the
        # foreground. Note: Options are available for MenuSelect to close
        # windows which aren't in the foreground.
        MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "jimfromf1" <jimfromf1@y...> wrote:
        > I'm new to Win32::GuiTest and am having trouble trying to
        understand how to do some things. For a simple example, I can't see
        how to access the "File" menu in applications other than by using
        SendKeys with shortcuts. Using Notepad as an example, I'd like to be
        able to click on "File" and then "Open" or "Save As". Is there a way
        to do this with Win32::GuiTest?????

        > Thanks for you help!
        >
        > Jim
      • jimfromf1
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2002
          Thanks for the reply! --- but unfortunately I'm having problems with "MenuSelect". "MenuSelect" doesn't seem to be exported by Win32::GuiTest and I get the following error when I try to do Win32::GuiTest::MenuSelect("&File|&Exit") .......

          Can't locate auto/Win32/GuiTest/MenuSelect.al in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .)

          Any ideas? Thanks again for the help!

          Jim

          --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
          > # This example closes Notepad through the menu if it is in the
          > # foreground. Note: Options are available for MenuSelect to close
          > # windows which aren't in the foreground.
          > MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@y..., "jimfromf1" <jimfromf1@y...> wrote:
          > > I'm new to Win32::GuiTest and am having trouble trying to
          > understand how to do some things. For a simple example, I can't see
          > how to access the "File" menu in applications other than by using
          > SendKeys with shortcuts. Using Notepad as an example, I'd like to be
          > able to click on "File" and then "Open" or "Save As". Is there a way
          > to do this with Win32::GuiTest?????
          > >
          > > Thanks for you help!
          > >
          > > Jim
        • jimfromf1
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2002
            Ahhh, I see now. I was using version 1.31 from CPAN. I just saw the announcement about 1.49 being available (but not in CPAN yet). I just installed 1.49 and it's working great now. Thanks for your help! This is a great tool!

            Jim