Saving ^C to array

  • ben_cuthbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2005
      All

      Is it possible to save the following command into an array for use later.

      so SendKeys("^c"); Which would copy text from the screen, but like this
      my @info = SendKeys("^c");
      foreach my $l (@info) {
      printf $l;
      }

      I have tried and it does not work, is there another way to save the data.
    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2005
        ^C copies the text to the clipboard, so you will need to use
        Win32::Clipboard to retrieve it. Something like:

        SendKeys("^c");
        $info = Win32::Clipboard::Get();
        foreach my $l ( split(/^/, $info) ) {
        print $l;
        }

        You might have to play with the split delimiter pattern to get exactly
        what you want.

        Chris Hilton

      • ben_cuthbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2005
          Wicked i shall give that a go....

          Have you had any problems using the Shift key and entering other keys like

          SendKeys("+({LEFT}"); so i want to be able to hold shift and push the
          left arrow at the same time, the problem is when i run the program it
          seems to do SendKeys("^({LEFT})"; bec the keyboard does not highlight
          the text it just goes to the next column. Very strange not sure if it
          is just my PC.

          The table i am trying to select is something like

          ID NAME PHONE
          userid user name 55555555
          userid1 user name 2 345345345

          So when i do the shift hold it is supposed to highlight all the users
          userid and userid1