sendkeys -- sending filepath

  • Johnny S
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
      I have not been successfull in sending a filepath to the screen because
      I do not know how to sendkeys a period, colon, or slash. Is it
      possible to sendkeys c:\test.bak ? If so can you show me what special
      characters need to be in place.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
        "c:\\test.bak" should work ("\" has to be escaped by another backslash)
        -Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Johnny S" <lo9ik@y...> wrote:
        > I have not been successfull in sending a filepath to the screen because
        > I do not know how to sendkeys a period, colon, or slash. Is it
        > possible to sendkeys c:\test.bak ? If so can you show me what special
        > characters need to be in place.
        >
        > Thanks
      • stuart arnold
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
          Curious, but are you trying to fill in an edit box or something like
          that?
          Sendkeys() is usually used for a keystroke sequence, eg, "ALT-F O " for
          "File &Open".
          If you're sending text, then use windows funcs like SetWindowText() and
          such.

          regards

          I have not been successfull in sending a filepath to the screen because
          I do not know how to sendkeys a period, colon, or slash. Is it
          possible to sendkeys c:\test.bak ? If so can you show me what special
          characters need to be in place.

          Thanks

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS