Re: FindChildWindowByClass

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
      As far as I know it should be AfxFrameOrView42 not AfxFrameOnView42
      ("Or" rather then "On").
      -Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "ben_cuthbert"
      <ben_cuthbert@y...> wrote:
      > I did try that search with the following code, and it does not seem
      > return anything.
      >
      > @w = FindWindowLike(undef,undef,"AfxFrameOnView42",undef,undef);
      > foreach(@w) {
      > printf "$_\n";
      > }
      >
      > C:\BensHome\BensPerl>perl test.pl
      >
      > C:\BensHome\BensPerl>
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@a...>
      wrote:
      > > You can do this with the existing FindWindowLike() function, you
      just
      > > need to set the third parameter appropriately.
      Just "AfxFrameOnView42"
      > > will work for your case.
      > >
      > > ===
      > > FindWindowLike($window,$titleregex,$classregex,$childid,$maxlevel)
      > >
      > > Finds the window handles of the windows matching the specified
      > > parameters and returns them as a list.
      > >
      > > You may specify the handle of the window to search under. The
      > > routine searches through all of this windows children and their
      children
      > > recursively. If 'undef' then the routine searches through all
      windows.
      > > There is also a regexp used to match against the text in the
      window
      > > caption and another regexp used to match against the text in the
      window
      > > class. If you pass a child ID number, the functions will only
      match
      > > windows with this id. In each case undef matches everything.
      > > ===
      > >
      > > Chris Hilton

    • ben_cuthbert
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
        Sorry about that, changed it and i got some info back.....

        So once i have found the class id etc, how do i show what information
        is in that frame, is their a GetFrameInfo function,