Re: MenuSelect with IE

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
      Hey Piotr,
      Are you getting royalties from WinSpector? ;-) I haven't used it yet,
      but I think I'm going to try it sometime.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski" <pkaluski@p...> wrote:
      > It could be due to the fact that in IE menu is not Win32 menu resource
      > as such but it is a smart toolbar. If you use winspector (boy, this a
      > cool stuff really) you will see the menu bar in IE is seen as a
      > ToolbarWindow32, whereas for notepad you want see anything about menu,
      > since it is a real menu resource.
      > Probably your next question is what to do about it. Maybe try setting
      > focus on the IE menu bar and then SendKeys.
      >
      > -Piotr
      >

      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "joelisaacfriedman"
      > <joelisaacfriedman@y...> wrote:
      > > I'm trying to get a MenuSelect to work with IE to no avail (since
      > the
      > > toolbar seems to be out of the question).
      > >
      > > Here is test piece of code:
      > >
      > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(FindWindowLike MenuSelect GetMenu);
      > >
      > > ($ie) = FindWindowLike(undef, "about:blank", undef);
      > > MenuSelect("&View|&Refresh", $ie, GetMenu($ie, 0));
      > >
      > > On the other hand, this code works:
      > >
      > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(FindWindowLike MenuSelect GetMenu);
      > >
      > > ($notepad) = FindWindowLike(undef, "Untitled", undef);
      > > MenuSelect("&File|E&xit", $ie, GetMenu($notepad, 0));
      > >
      > > Am I missing something here? Are IE's menus screwy somehow?
      > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • stuart arnold
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
        If he is, then I'm losing out! I've been promoting this for 2 years.
        PS, the developer, Russ, has been quite responsive to improvements and
        such.
        Drop SPY++, get this.

        I also found a freebie with source called "IESPY" for getting into the
        "IE" generated HTML and such.,
        I embellished it for some of my own stuff (SysTreeView32 and so on).
        It came from "Andrew Fawcett (afawcett@...)" with a feew
        caveats.

        wrote:
        > It could be due to the fact that in IE menu is not Win32 menu resource
        > as such but it is a smart toolbar. If you use winspector (boy, this a
        > cool stuff really) you will see the menu bar in IE is seen as a
        > ToolbarWindow32, whereas for notepad you want see anything about menu,
        > since it is a real menu resource.
        > Probably your next question is what to do about it. Maybe try setting
        > focus on the IE menu bar and then SendKeys.
        >
        > -Piotr
        >

        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "joelisaacfriedman"
        > <joelisaacfriedman@y...> wrote:
        > > I'm trying to get a MenuSelect to work with IE to no avail (since
        > the
        > > toolbar seems to be out of the question).
        > >
        > > Here is test piece of code:
        > >
        > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(FindWindowLike MenuSelect GetMenu);
        > >
        > > ($ie) = FindWindowLike(undef, "about:blank", undef);
        > > MenuSelect("&View|&Refresh", $ie, GetMenu($ie, 0));
        > >
        > > On the other hand, this code works:
        > >
        > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(FindWindowLike MenuSelect GetMenu);
        > >
        > > ($notepad) = FindWindowLike(undef, "Untitled", undef);
        > > MenuSelect("&File|E&xit", $ie, GetMenu($notepad, 0));
        > >
        > > Am I missing something here? Are IE's menus screwy somehow?
        > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "perlguitest
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/perlguitest> " on the web.

        _____

      • wenjie wang
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stuart arnold"
          ----------8<--------------------------------------
          -----------------------
          > I also found a freebie with source called "IESPY" for getting into
          the
          > "IE" generated HTML and such.,
          > I embellished it for some of my own stuff (SysTreeView32 and so on).
          > It came from "Andrew Fawcett (afawcett@u...)" with a feew
          > caveats.

          ----------8<--------------------------------------
          -----------------------

          Hi Stuart,

          I'm quite intested in IESPY and would like to try it out ;-) where
          could I get
          it from?

          Regards,
          WWang
          +-Wenjie Wang ---------------------------------------------------+
          | WANG Infonology Systems Pty Ltd - Your Partner for the Future |
          | Phone : (02) 9871 2018 |EMail : support@... |
          | Mobile: 0412 688 380 |http://www.wiseagent.com.au/ |
          +-------------------------+--------------------------------------+
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
            > Hey Piotr,
            > Are you getting royalties from WinSpector? ;-)

            :-))
            You are right, it may look like this. I am really enthusiastic about
            this tool because apart from its usefulness it is such an excellent
            example of a free tool which out competes commercial one. I am always
            happy to see commited individuals doing better stuff then
            corporations.

            -Piotr
          • stuart arnold
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 8, 2005
              you'll need to google for it. I got it about 2yrs ago.
              the address was listed, but unknown where it is now.
              You may be able to find others similar to it.