FindChildWindowByClass

  • ben_cuthbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2005
      Would it be possible to add a function to do a find window by class
      that would allow people to pickup controls like "AfxFrameOnView42 "

      http://www.mp2kmag.com/mappoint/discussion/viewtopic.asp?p=4863
    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2005
        You can do this with the existing FindWindowLike() function, you just
        need to set the third parameter appropriately. Just "AfxFrameOnView42"
        will work for your case.

        ===
        FindWindowLike($window,$titleregex,$classregex,$childid,$maxlevel)

        Finds the window handles of the windows matching the specified
        parameters and returns them as a list.

        You may specify the handle of the window to search under. The
        routine searches through all of this windows children and their children
        recursively. If 'undef' then the routine searches through all windows.
        There is also a regexp used to match against the text in the window
        caption and another regexp used to match against the text in the window
        class. If you pass a child ID number, the functions will only match
        windows with this id. In each case undef matches everything.
        ===

        Chris Hilton

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
          I did try that search with the following code, and it does not seem to
          return anything.

          @w = FindWindowLike(undef,undef,"AfxFrameOnView42",undef,undef);
          foreach(@w) {
          printf "$_\n";
          }

          C:\BensHome\BensPerl>perl test.pl

          C:\BensHome\BensPerl>

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
            As far as I know it should be AfxFrameOrView42 not AfxFrameOnView42
            ("Or" rather then "On").
            -Piotr

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "ben_cuthbert"

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
              Sorry about that, changed it and i got some info back.....

              So once i have found the class id etc, how do i show what information
              is in that frame, is their a GetFrameInfo function,