Re: Added tutorial on more advanced GUI automation

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2005
      Hi Dennis,
      I would love to add them to the core, however there is no way I can
      do this, since I am not a member of winguitest project on source
      forge. Of course, I can place distribution somewhere else, and link
      to them from the Win32::GuiTest documentation but it would lead to
      confussion.

      I fully agree that compatibility, ease of use and so on are
      important. And I had that in mind while implementing my functions. In
      most projects the next step should be a peer review and discussion of
      the code. However, we don't have time and resources to do that. We
      have to choose between 2 evils
      * Let unsufficiently discussed changes go into the core and let the
      module to become richer
      * Wait with all new changes until we have time to review them, which
      considering current resources would stop the development.
      I think the first option is better.

      And congratulations for your son! Is this your first child?
      Well, I expect that your activity in this group will drop
      significantly :-)). I know something about it, because I have 2 kids.
      Enjoy!