Re: Sending keys to application thr scheduler

  • erngui
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2002

      --- In perlguitest@y..., Jangale V-S <v-s.jangale@s...> wrote:
      > $test = SetForegroundWindow($_);

      As I posted here

      Win2K doesn't allow SetFore* unless you're the thread that created
      the window.

      If you're using Win2K you'll have to use SenKeys to send an ALT+TAB
      sequence that allows switching between applications.

      Regards,
      Ernesto.
      -- Ernesto Guisado, erngui@..., http://triumvir.org
    • Jangale V-S
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2002

        I tried switching between windows by using

        SendKeys("%{TAB}{PAUSE 1000}");

        in a loop !

        However program keeps on switching between
        first two windows only !

        How to make it switch thr all open windows ??

        Thanks in advance !

        With Best Regards,

        V.S. Jangale

        Win2K doesn't allow SetFore* unless you're the thread that created
        the window.

        If you're using Win2K you'll have to use SenKeys to send an ALT+TAB
        sequence that allows switching between applications.

        Regards,
        Ernesto.
        -- Ernesto Guisado, erngui@..., http://triumvir.org
        <http://triumvir.org>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • erngui
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2002

          --- In perlguitest@y..., Jangale V-S <v-s.jangale@s...> wrote:
          > I tried switching between windows by using
          >
          > SendKeys("%{TAB}{PAUSE 1000}");
          >
          > in a loop !
          >
          > However program keeps on switching between
          > first two windows only !

          Yes, you would need to keep alt down while sending several sequential
          tab keys. The problem is that SendKeys doesn't allow that. If you
          download the latest version (see 1.49.1 in the files section), you
          can do this:

          use Win32::GuiTest qw/:FUNC :VK/;

          SendRawKey(VK_MENU, 0);
          SendKeys("{TAB}{PAU 1000}{TAB}{PAU 1000}{TAB}");
          SendRawKey(VK_MENU, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP);

          The PAUSE commands are only there so that you can see what's going on.

          Regards,
          Ernesto.
          -- Ernesto Guisado <mailto:erngui@...>, <http://triumvir.org>