Re: [perlguitest] Re: GuiTest running on remote server doesn't work properly

  • Gábor Szabó
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2005
      On 8/20/05, apdaved <apdaved@...> wrote:
      > as far as the functioning: the rest of the perl script works just as normal. in fact, the real
      > problem is that, because I'm using a system call to start the program and guitest to kill it,
      > what happens is that after running for a while, there are about a dozen instances of the
      > program running and some limit gets reached and then windows won't let the perl script
      > open any more instances.

      I don't really get this.
      How do you use GuiTest to close the app ?
      Are you clicking on the [x] on the window or are you selecting some Exit menu ?
      In either case the application - if beaving properly - should shut
      down completly.
      If not, isn't this an indication that there is a bug in the application?

      What happens if you close the application manually?
      do you still accumulkate several running instances?

      Gabor
    • apdaved
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2005
        to answer your questions from below:

        I'm usind a sendkeys to send a (I think the keystroke combo is alt+f4, I don't have the
        code with me right now)... anyway, it does work fine on my system and on the server...
        when I'm logged in, but I want to be able to leave it running on the server unattented. and
        as soon as I disconnect my remote session to the server, the script stops working
        properly.