954Re: [perlguitest] FindWindowLike help

  • Gábor Szabó
    Jul 12, 2005
      Do you mean by "application" the perl script you sent us ?
      I think it would be better to run it from the command line :

      c:\workplace> perl script.pl

      The "hanging" you mention is strange, which version of Win32::GuiTest
      are you using ?

      Also see the two lines I added in your code. Try adding it and
      running again.

      On 7/11/05, majingaa2z <kawamitsutakaa2z@...> wrote:
      > Here is my test code. The application opens properly, but then it
      > just hangs, when I close the application it gives me the appended
      > error and then sends ^p to STDOUT? I am trying to get ^p to be send
      > to the application I opened in the code.
      >
      > use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
      > $Win32::GuiTest::debug = 1;
      > chdir "Originals";
      > my @window = FindWindowLike(0,"^BEACH,BOBBY");
      > print @window;

      die "Could not find Beach Bobby" if not @window;
      SetForegroundWindow($window[0]);

      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("^p");
      >
      > Use of uninitialized value in string at
      > C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/GuiTest/pm line 565. Using Pattern (^BEACH,
      > BOBBY, )
      >
      > Also this is my first perl attempt using any mod. I'm really glad I
      > found this mod and would love to be able to use as I have a ton of
      > things planned for it.

      Gábor Szabó
      Perl in Israel http://www.pti.co.il
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic