888Writing Dib to a variable {newbie question}

  • op_boot
    May 11, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      First off, can I just say a big "Thank You" for this module! This is
      unbelievably useful!!

      Secondly, I have a fairly Newbie question.
      I'm using DibSect succesfully so far, but I want to compare the
      snapshot taken from the screen with previously stored bitmaps. I've
      got the bitmaps in a hash (they're all very small), and I want to
      compare what I've just copied with ds->CopyWindow($w) with them.

      The only way I can see to do it with the current DibSect functions is
      to use $ds->SaveAs($f) then re-read the file back into a separate
      variable, but there must be an easier way, surely?

      So - the question is :
      How do I copy the Dib directly into a separate variable?

      Thanks for all your efforts,