787Re: New poll for perlguitest

    Feb 28, 2005
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Gabor Szabo <gabor@p...> wrote:
      > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 perlguitest@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >

      > I was wondering what would such a poll prove or why would it be
      useful ?

      My goal was to find out 2 things:
      1. How many people use it
      2. What is their opinion on changing important public functions

      Can you suggest a better way of finding out this information?
      I consider download counters and number of group members to be
      indicators of limited use. Probably each of us has downloaded stuff
      to look at it and never use it again. And most of us registered to
      some group or forum just to post one question and to never come back
      again.

      > So while 10 out of 12 are in favor of breaking the code, ...

      They are not in favor of breaking the code, they are in favor of
      cleaning up the interface. You and Dennis are against changes in
      order to avoid lack of backward compatibility, which I find
      absolutely understandable. But using your "naming convention" I
      should say that you are in "favor of messy interface", which is not
      true.

      Gabor, your post was slightly emotional. Did you find asking an
      interface question so annoying or is there any other reason for your
      emotional tone?