680Re: Problems compiling Win32-GuiTest 1.50.2-AD

  • contorni2000
    Jan 5, 2005
      It says "invalid file or disk full", but I have 74GB of free
      space on my hard drive, so I don't think space is an issue.

      I tried compiling from another folder with no luck. I then
      uninstalled MS Visual C++, and since I was removing it anyway, I
      decided to try another machine entirely. I loaded MS VC++ on a Win
      XP Home Edition machine, and set the PATH, INCLUDE and LIB
      Environment variables to include c:\Perl\bin, then copied NMAKE.exe,
      NMAKE.err, CL.exe and Link.exe to the C:\Perl\bin folder. I then
      ran VCVARS32.bat with no problem, but I got the following warning
      when I ran the makefile.pl script.:

      Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
      (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

      Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual C++ tools.

      C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1\Win32-GuiTest-CVS>perl C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1
      Checking if your kit is complete...
      Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
      Please inform the author.
      Writing Makefile for Win32::GuiTest

      When I checked the C:\Perl_Guitest_Temp1\Win32-GuiTest-CVS\ folder
      itself, I found that the MANIFEST, MANIFEST.SKIP, and Win32-
      GuiTest.ppd files were in the directory I ran makefile.pl from, but
      Examples.pm, META.yml, and Win32-GuiTest.tar.gz are not in the
      folder. I checked the zip file that I downloaded and extracted the
      files from, and they are not in it either. The file is named "Win32-
      GuiTest-CVS-12232004.zip", and I downloaded it from Dennis' website
      per his posting on 12/23/2004.

      Tom/Dennis, is it possible that these missing files would prevent
      it from compiling properly, or am I on the wrong track?

      P.S. Since it created Makefile anyway, I tried running NMAKE on
      this machine, but I got the same error message as last time.

      I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Wenjie Wang <wiseagent2000@y...>
      > Is it complaining that disk full ?
      > Kevin Piantanida <kpiantanida@c...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'm trying to compile Win32::Guitest ver 1.50.2-AD on a Win XP
      Pro machine running ActivePerl 5.8.6 build 811. I have MS Visual
      C++ loaded, and ran VCVARS32.bat before trying to compile it. My
      steps are as follows:
      > [snip]
      > C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl58.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or
      disk full: cannot seek to 0x41c1962a