633Re: [perlguitest] Re: DibSect is not working, please help

  • Nicole Sheldon
    Nov 8, 2004
      Victor,

      Thanks! That was it.

      After uninstalling v1.3 using:
      ppm> uninstall Win32-GuiTest

      I installed the newer version using:
      install
      C:\temp\Win32-GuiTest-1.50.2-ad\Win32-GuiTest.ppd

      After that, my test program worked perfectly!

      Thanks again,

      BTW, for future reference, the test script is:

      # testDibSect.pl

      use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);

      $ds = new Win32::GuiTest::DibSect();

      my @windows = FindWindowLike(0, "C",0);

      for (@windows) {
      SetForegroundWindow($_);
      $ds->CopyWindow($_);
      $ds->ToGrayScale();
      $ds->SaveAs("c:\\bla.bmp");
      $ds->ToClipboard();
      }

      http://search.cpan.org/~ctrondlp/Win32-GuiTest-1.50.2-ad/

      (http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/index.html)
      > you can install the binary package I am including
      > instead. You will need to enter PPM (Perl Package
      > Manager) from the command-line. Once you have
      > extracted the files I send you to a directory of
      > your
      > machine, enter PPM and do like this:
      >
      > C:\TEMP>ppm
      > PPM interactive shell (2.0) - type 'help' for
      > available commands.
      > PPM> install C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd
      > Install package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd?'
      > (y/N): Y
      > Retrieving package
      > 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd'...
      > Writing
      > C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\.packlist
      > PPM>
      >
      > I extracted them to 'c:\temp', please use the
      > directory where you extracted the files instead.
      >
      > -- end of quote
      >

      > I ran the above procedure on Active State Perl 5.8.3
      > and it worked all right. You'll probably have to
      > uninstall the ver. 1.3 before...
      >
      > Hope it helps.
      >
      > Victor.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic