487Re: [perlguitest] OLE controls and child windows with ID = 0

  • Gabor Szabo
    Jun 8, 2004
      On Fri, 21 May 2004, pkaluski wrote:

      > If I have window with three controls:
      >
      > Name (CustomEditControl), ControlID= 0
      > LastName (CustomEditControl), ControlID= 0
      > Age (CustomEditControl), ControlID= 0
      >
      > Now, when I call FindWindowLike with ControlID = 0, I will get a list
      > of 3 window handles. How would I programatically figure out, which
      > handle is for Age, which is for name and so on?

      I am not sure I understood the issue but can't you access theses controls
      by their title ?

      Anyway I am not a Windows developer but do you know why are there several
      controls with the same ID ? I don't know any valid reason for this
      (correct me if I am wrong) so I would consider this as a bug. If the
      Application you are using is in your control you should report this as
      a bug and get the developers fix this.

      Of course it means you have to reach a point where the developers actually
      make the application easily testable which might not be easy.