232Re: Speeding up SendKeys

    Jun 4, 2003
      If these are standard Windows edit controls, you should be able to
      use WMSetText(hwnd,text) to populate each field without switching
      between them using SendKeys. This will make it a lot faster.

      Pseudo Code:
      Find window (FindWindowLike)
      Find edit field underneath window (FindWindowLike)
      populate edit control (WMSetText)
      go onto next edit field

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Plummi Dee" <plummidee@h...>
      wrote:
      > I've opened a window via a menu command and have sent keys ("+
      > {TAB}") to get to the appropriate edit field in the window. Then I
      > use SendKeys to send data to the field.
      >
      > In this case, I really don't need to send keys one at a time - I'd
      > rather just "print" the entire thing all at once to speed it up.
      Any
      > way I can do this?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic