227Re: Help finding Controls on a form

    Jun 3, 2003
      I've never seen this behavior before, maybe someone else has?
      Otherwise, if you could provide more information on the application
      you are working with, maybe someone or myself can take a look too.
      By some of your output, it looks like this is an Oracle
      application?? Feel free to let us know....

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Carner, Philipp W"
      <PC210018@e...> wrote:
      > I do like the enhancements this tool provides, but when I drag the
      icon over
      > the text box I need the info for, there is nothing displayed.
      Which is true
      > for the other 50 or so controls on that form. The only way I can
      get the
      > info for it is to switch to the window first and click the mouse
      in it to
      > give it the focus. Then the tool with show the window information.
      >
      > I thought every control had to have a handle, but these do no
      appear to
      > follow that rule.
      >
      > Help!!
      > Phil

      This
      > information can then be utilized in conjunction with
      > Win32::GUITest's FindWindowLike function to obtain the correct
      > handle to the control.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Dennis K. Paulsen
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Carner, Philipp W"
      > <PC210018@e...> wrote:
      > > I am new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to fill in
      > text box
      > > in one application (Remedy) with data from a Perl script. I am
      > having
      > > trouble determining the handle of the text box control that I
      > want to put
      > > the data into . The destination form has about 100 controls on
      > it. The
      > > code I am testing with is just trying to read the controls is
      > included below
      > > but does not show any of the individual controls except for
      > whatever edit
      > > box has the focus at the time.
      > >
      > > Thanks for listening
      > > Phil Carner
      > >

      > > #!/usr/bin/perl
      > > use Win32::GuiTest qw/GetChildWindows WMSetText WMGetText
      > WaitWindowLike
      > > IsWindowEnabled PushButton SendKeys FindWindowLike GetWindowText
      > > GetClassName GetChildDepth GetDesktopWindow
      SetForegroundWindow/;
      > > #system("start Aruser.exe");
      > > $title = "^PTC.*"; # title of window to search for
      > > WaitWindowLike(0, $title, 60);
      > > @remedy = FindWindowLike(0, $title);
      > > foreach(@remedy){print "Remedy window ". sprintf "%lx\n",$_;}
      > > $remedy = $remedy[0];
      > > @order = FindWindowLike($remedy,"FormView") ;
      > > foreach (@order){
      > > print "Input Window Found " . sprintf "%lx\n",$_;
      > > }
      > > $order = $order[0];
      > > @wnds = GetChildWindows($order);
      > > foreach(@wnds){
      > > $hexhandle = sprintf "%lx",$_ ;
      > > print "$hexhandle Window text =" . GetWindowText($_) ;
      > > print " class name =" . GetClassName($_) ;
      > > print " Value = " . WMGetText($_) . "\n";
      > > }
      > >
      > > The ouput is
      > > Remedy window 40574
      > >
      > > Input Window Found 105ec
      > >
      > > 1061c Window text = class name =SysTabControl32 Value =
      > >
      > > 1062e Window text =Page8 class name =AfxWnd42 Value = Page8
      > >
      > > 1062a Window text =Page7 class name =AfxWnd42 Value = Page7
      > >
      > > 10626 Window text =Page6 class name =AfxWnd42 Value = Page6
      > >
      > > 10622 Window text =Page5 class name =AfxWnd42 Value = Page5
      > >
      > > 1061e Window text =Page4 class name =AfxWnd42 Value = Page4
      > >
      > > 105f4 Window text = class name =AfxWnd42 Value =
      > >
      > > 10616 Window text = class name =SysTabControl32 Value =
      > >
      > > 10618 Window text =FLIP class name =AfxWnd42 Value = FLIP
      > >
      > > 10604 Window text = class name =SysTabControl32 Value =
      > >
      > > 10612 Window text =API Tab class name =AfxWnd42 Value = API Tab
      > >
      > > 1060e Window text =Oracle 11i Tab class name =AfxWnd42 Value =
      > Oracle 11i
      > > Tab
      > >
      > > 1060a Window text =CE Message Tab class name =AfxWnd42 Value =
      CE
      > Message
      > > Tab
      > >
      > > 10606 Window text =D1 Val Tab class name =AfxWnd42 Value = D1
      Val
      > Tab
      > >
      > > 105f8 Window text = class name =AfxWnd42 Value =
      > >
      > > 105f0 Window text = class name =SysTabControl32 Value =
      > >
      > > 105f6 Window text = class name =AfxWnd42 Value =
      > >
      > > 10600 Window text =Oracle NFO Activities class name =AfxWnd42
      > Value = Oracle
      > > NFO Activities
      > >
      > > 105fc Window text =FLIP NFO Activities class name =AfxWnd42
      Value
      > = FLIP NFO
      > > Activities
      > >
      > > 105f2 Window text = class name =AfxWnd42 Value =
      > >
      > > 105fa Window text = class name =AfxWnd42 Value =
      > >
      > > d059e Window text = class name =RICHEDIT Value = sss
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
      7050069

      51:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124fv1soh/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitake
      nattogy
      > o?YH=3313099&yhad=1595056> Click Here!
      >
      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egroupmai
      > l/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=146705483>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic