1721Re: freeze keyboard and mouse during tests?

  • brentje
    Mar 8, 2007
      Now I've been thinking about this so much I had to experiment. Found
      this on my travels.

      http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/perl-win32-users/3168801

      I'm working on something for myself. If I figure it out I'll let the
      group know, but this seems to be a good place to start.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "brentje" <brentje@...> wrote:

      > I believe there is a way to do this. I was looking it up at one time,
      > but didn't get the chance to test anything. You'll have to look at
      > the Win32::API and SetWindowsHookEx. You can set a hook to grab all
      > messages and block any you don't want, like keyboard and mouse
      > commands. This would actually be a really nice feature to add if
      > someone can figure it out.
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "evenprime" <evenprime@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is their any way to freeze the keyboard and mouse during automation?
      > >
      > > I actually use GUI-test to automate gui-only configurations settings
      > > now and then, and users tend to sabotage things pretty dandily.
      > >
      > > But I imagine many a test has been sabotaged by accidental knocking of
      > > the mouse or keyboard or even natural mouse-float in LED mice :^)
      > >
      > > Ideas?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic