1602Re: Are you using Win32::GuiTest?

  • Eric
    Nov 15, 2006
      I'm currently using it for automating our installation program
      tests. We have a big, and stupid, paper checklist of stuff we have
      to do to make sure our dialog boxes are still working. I'm killing
      that with Perl. It's actually growing to become a decent-sized suite
      using the other Perl testing libraries.

      I'd rather use Ruby - but the Ruby windows automation project isn't
      finished yet and I really don't have the time to put into helping out
      with that.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > during my classes "Perl for QA professionals" - among many other
      > things - I have been teaching how to use Win32::GuiTest for more
      than
      > 2 years now. I am also a "maintainer" of the module though I have
      > worked on it very little.
      > On the other habd I have never needed it in real life projects as
      most of my
      > work is done on Linux.
      >
      > I also see very low traffic on the mailing list so I wonder if you
      > people are using it.
      > I very much would like to know if there are real life uses of the
      > module out there?
      > If you are using it, what are you doing with it?
      >
      > If you are using other things to automate interaction with Windows
      > GUI, what other
      > tools are you using? What kind of things are you doing with that?
      >
      > Gabor

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic