152Re: Compatible with Perl v5.8 build 804?
- Jan 2, 2003Some of the nice changes in 5.8.0 caused Perl module binaries
created under 5.6.x (i.e., Win32::GUITest) to be incompatible.
1) Go back and download Perl 5.6.1 from ActiveState and then use ppm
to install this module.
2) Wait for a build of the Win32::GUITest module that supports 5.8.0
(not sure how long it will take).
3) Install MS Visual C++ 6.0 and select the setup environment
variables option at the end of the install, download the source code
for Win32::GUITest from the Files section of this group, do a perl
Makefile.pl, nmake, nmake install from the command line.
4) I can do step 3 for you and send you the required files.
Dennis K. Paulsen
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
> Currently I am getting the following error after trying "ppminstall
> win32-guitest.ppd" from appropriate directory:v5.8
> no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.
> --- In email@example.com, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
> <hasha2@y...> wrote:
> > I am trying to install Win32-GuiTest-1.49.1 usinf ppm on Perl
> > build 804. Error message reports that GuiTest is not for this
> > of Perl. Will there be an upgrade soon? How can I install now?
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>