152Re: Compatible with Perl v5.8 build 804?

  • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlp@netins.net>
    Jan 2, 2003
      Some of the nice changes in 5.8.0 caused Perl module binaries
      created under 5.6.x (i.e., Win32::GUITest) to be incompatible.

      Possible Options:
      to install this module.
      2) Wait for a build of the Win32::GUITest module that supports 5.8.0
      (not sure how long it will take).
      3) Install MS Visual C++ 6.0 and select the setup environment
      variables option at the end of the install, download the source code
      for Win32::GUITest from the Files section of this group, do a perl
      Makefile.pl, nmake, nmake install from the command line.
      4) I can do step 3 for you and send you the required files.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
      <hasha2@y...> wrote:
      > Currently I am getting the following error after trying "ppm
      install
      > win32-guitest.ppd" from appropriate directory:
      >
      > Error:
      > no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.
      >

      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
      > <hasha2@y...> wrote:
      > > I am trying to install Win32-GuiTest-1.49.1 usinf ppm on Perl
      v5.8
      > > build 804. Error message reports that GuiTest is not for this
      > version
      > > of Perl. Will there be an upgrade soon? How can I install now?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic