1498Re: Win32::GuiTest scripts fail over SSH

  • rachnareddy
    Aug 31, 2006
      Thanks for your response. Yes, I have tried Remote Desktop Connection
      before and it works but unfortuantely that is not scriptable. I need
      to execute the Win32::GuiTest scripts remotely in an automated way.

      Looking at the archives here I did see a very old email from someone
      who had success over SSH but there were not much details. If anyone
      has tried this and got it to work, please let me know.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Ernesto Guisado" <erngui@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Do you have the option of using XP's built-in "Remote Desktop
      > Connection" program? That should work.
      > It's difficult to make a general statement about SSH, but I wouldn't
      > expect it to work with Win32::GuiTest. AFAIK the SSH server could just
      > be implemented as a service without any possibility of interaction
      > with the Window system.
      > Regards,
      > Ernesto.
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rachnareddy" <rachnar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am using Win32::GuiTest 1.50.5 on a Windows XP box.
      > >
      > > My scripts work fine locally on the XP box but fail when I try to run
      > > them over SSH. I installed OpenSSH for Windows. APIs such as
      > > FindWindowLike, SetActiveWindow etc fail.
      > >
      > > I tried running spy--.pl over SSH and I found I cannot see any of the
      > > windows that I can see when I run spy--.pl locally on the XP box.
      > >
      > > Is there some step that I am missing in order to make Win32::GuiTest
      > > perl scripts work over SSH? Is this supported? Can I get handles to
      > > windows etc over SSH?
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic