1480Re: PushChildButton Not actually firing the event handler related to the button

  • paramsan1234
    Aug 22, 2006
      PushButton does not works totally though, but PushChildButton works
      now. I don't know what the '&' does to '&Next'?
      So the text on the next button is like "Next >" while on the finish
      button is "Finish." As you suggested I used '&Next' and the script
      worked fine. Now if I use '&Finish' nothing happens but if I
      use 'Finish' the button gets pushed. What is it doing behind the
      scenes?

      [If you are wondering where do I use them, I use them right
      PushChildButton($windowHandle, '&Next', '0.25');
      or
      PushChildButton($windowHandle, 'Finish', '0.25');

      And Thanks for the suggestion of '&Next' Its working (for now
      atleast).

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Santosh Kumar"
      <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

      > Param,
      >
      > Try using PushButton instead of PushChildButton.
      > Check this code snippet to click Next button, it works with better
      consistency (I never faced any issue) with the same "Add Hardware
      Wizard".

      > my $Window = 'Add hardware Wizard';
      > my @WHdls = FindWindowLike(0, $Window, "" );
      > my $hwnd = $WHdls[0]; # Window handle
      > SetForegroundWindow( $hwnd ); # Get Add Hardware Wizard to front
      and active.
      > my $result = PushButton( '&Next', '0.5' ); #Click Next with 0.5
      seconds of delay.
      > #Now wait for next window, or what ever you want.
      >
      > I suppose, issue you are facing could be due to parent window
      loosing focus / active status while you are sending the
      PushChildButton action.