1009Re: GuiTest running on remote server doesn't work properly

  • apdaved
    Aug 20, 2005
      to answer your questions from below:

      I'm usind a sendkeys to send a (I think the keystroke combo is alt+f4, I don't have the
      code with me right now)... anyway, it does work fine on my system and on the server...
      when I'm logged in, but I want to be able to leave it running on the server unattented. and
      as soon as I disconnect my remote session to the server, the script stops working
      properly.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Gábor Szabó <szabgab@g...> wrote:
      > On 8/20/05, apdaved <apdaved@y...> wrote:
      > > as far as the functioning: the rest of the perl script works just as normal. in fact, the
      real
      > > problem is that, because I'm using a system call to start the program and guitest to
      kill it,
      > > what happens is that after running for a while, there are about a dozen instances of
      the
      > > program running and some limit gets reached and then windows won't let the perl
      script
      > > open any more instances.
      > >

      > I don't really get this.
      > How do you use GuiTest to close the app ?
      > Are you clicking on the [x] on the window or are you selecting some Exit menu ?
      > In either case the application - if beaving properly - should shut
      > down completly.
      > If not, isn't this an indication that there is a bug in the application?
      >
      > What happens if you close the application manually?
      > do you still accumulkate several running instances?
      >
      > Gabor
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic