1005Re: GuiTest running on remote server doesn't work properly

  • apdaved
    Aug 19, 2005
      Thanks, I'll look into that security idea. Hadn't thought of that at all.

      as far as the functioning: the rest of the perl script works just as normal. in fact, the real
      problem is that, because I'm using a system call to start the program and guitest to kill it,
      what happens is that after running for a while, there are about a dozen instances of the
      program running and some limit gets reached and then windows won't let the perl script
      open any more instances.

      I don't know about any specific function return values, except for that one system call to
      start the aplication. It returns successful because it is calling a start command and not
      just the application itself. So that isn't really related to guitest. I will put some debugging
      code in to save the error codes and get back with that info.

      Thanks for the help,
      Dave

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:

      > Well the log off issue seems to be security restrictions built into
      > Windows OSs. If you lock the desktop you won't be able to send the
      > Ctrl-Alt-Del to get the logon prompt, for obvious reasons...
      >
      > As far as the minimize issue, not sure. Is your script pausing
      > while the screen is minimized, or does it seem to process the script
      > without doing anything. Since the remote desktop is a security
      > concern in itself, its possible that Windows believes that a user
      > can't be interacting with it while its minimized, therefore Windows
      > functions that simulate user interaction are prevented. Hope that
      > made some sense.. I'd be curious on what return values you are
      > getting from the functions, etc.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Dennis K. Paulsen
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "apdaved" <apdaved@y...> wrote:
      > > I'm running a perl app on a win server 2003 server and the GuiTest
      > functions only work
      > > properly when there is an active desktop. i.e. when someone is
      > logged in.
      > >
      > > The script launches a interactive application, and waits a bit for
      > it to process an input file,
      > > saves the changed input file and then quits the application.
      > >
      > > It works fine when you watch it, but if you log off or minimize
      > your remote desktop, all the
      > > GuiTest functionality just stops working.
      > >
      > > Anybody know anything about this? Workarounds? Causes?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Dave
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic