1003Re: GuiTest running on remote server doesn't work properly

    Aug 19 4:24 PM
      Well the log off issue seems to be security restrictions built into
      Windows OSs. If you lock the desktop you won't be able to send the
      Ctrl-Alt-Del to get the logon prompt, for obvious reasons...

      As far as the minimize issue, not sure. Is your script pausing
      while the screen is minimized, or does it seem to process the script
      without doing anything. Since the remote desktop is a security
      concern in itself, its possible that Windows believes that a user
      can't be interacting with it while its minimized, therefore Windows
      functions that simulate user interaction are prevented. Hope that
      made some sense.. I'd be curious on what return values you are
      getting from the functions, etc.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "apdaved" <apdaved@y...> wrote:
      > I'm running a perl app on a win server 2003 server and the GuiTest
      functions only work
      > properly when there is an active desktop. i.e. when someone is
      logged in.

      > The script launches a interactive application, and waits a bit for
      it to process an input file,
      > saves the changed input file and then quits the application.
      >
      > It works fine when you watch it, but if you log off or minimize
      your remote desktop, all the
      > GuiTest functionality just stops working.
      >
      > Anybody know anything about this? Workarounds? Causes?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Dave
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic