RE: Welcome to perlforbeginners

  • Vema Venkata
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      For the following script can any one help me to create a log file
      wud be appreciated help asap

      rgds
      venkat
      *******************************************************************************************************************************
      xapipgm=srvtst26.pl
      pgrep -f $xapipgm > /dev/null
      # runrc=$?
      # echo "Return Code is: $?"
      if [ $? -eq 0 ]
      then
      set `pgrep -f $xapipgm `
      echo "AHD XAPI Server ($xapipgm) Running with Process Id: $1"
      else
      echo "AHD XAPI Server is now Started Running."
      set `date '+%Y %m %d %H %M' `
      xapipgm=srvtst26.pl
      #echo "log: log/init/ahdxapi.init.$1$2$3.$4$5.log"
      #echo "err: log/init/ahdxapi.init.$1$2$3.$4$5.err"
      perl -w $xapipgm >log/init/ahdxapi.init.$1$2$3.$4$5.log 2>log/init/ahdxapi.init.$1$2$3.$4$5.err
      perl -w $4$5>log/init/ahdxapi.init
      fi