Help Needed to do Multicasting in Perl

  • tvrajesh3
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi Friends,
      I want to do Multicasting in Perl,when iam executing the following
      code the following error is coming.
      "setsockopt: Protocol not available"

      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use Socket;
      use IO::Handle; `
      $proto = getprotobyname('udp');
      print "prto is $proto\n";
      # create the generic socket
      socket(SOCK, AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, $proto) or die "socket: $!";
      $ipmadd=inet_aton('224.0.0.9');
      setsockopt(SOCK,IPPROTO_IP,IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP,$ipmadd)
      ||die "setsockopt: $!";

      Please tell me how to do multicasting in perl.Please tell me some
      sites which contains examples on Multicasting in perl.

      Regards
      Rajesh