compiling perl programmes

  • morefm2002
    Message 1 of 332 , Aug 5, 2001
      Hi I am way at the front stage like sitting at
      the sit and pushing the button to turn puter on
      stage... jsut wondering wether anyone knows about that
      ActivePerl for win32 at the ActiveState site where yu down
      load a program for practising perl... I jsut wont to
      use it to do a tutorial on perl to practise but the
      whole program is done in 'dos' and once I write it in
      notepad and run it.. it wont stay in windows and jsut
      flicks on then off how do I get it to stay up as it jsut
      flicks on and off...<br><br>Is most perl compiling done
      in 'dos' sjtu can't work it out and spent days
      running through it to find simple answers... I am
      familiar with languages and use to pushing run and
      compile, so jsut wondering wether I am looking at it in
      that angle and the angle could be completely
      different.. ifyu are able to answer thank yu<br><br>morefm
    • royale_sojin
      Message 332 of 332 , Jan 15, 2004
        --- In perlforbeginners@yahoogroups.com, locoswede wrote:
        > OK, so I'm trying to learn how to write
        > CGI-scripts with Perl but I'm on a Windows98-machine and I
        > can't get PWS configured correctly to run the scripts.
        > I put the scripts in the cgi-bin and it is set to
        > be able to both read, write and execute but still I
        > can't run my Perl-scripts. Can somebody PLEASE give me
        > a hand and explain to me how I configure PWS to run
        > CGI-scripts?<br>Oh, and please don't get on my case for using PWS
        and
        > Windows98 because I really don't have a choice at this
        > point...

        Hi locoswede, did you find out the answer to your question ? I would
        like to do the same too. I only have a pentium P200 and just
        successfully installed PWS on the windows98 se system. I want to run
        a intranet web server and learn CGI programming with it. Any ideas or
        tips or books I should be looking for...windows 98 is not supported
        but a friend told me he still uses it because it is safe from all
        the .net virus stuff of the new windows operatiing systems. I also
        want to learn ASP so for now I want to see how far PWS can take me
        before I install apache web server. Hope to hear from you soon.