Question

  • trunks19_86
    Message 1 of 332 , Jun 17, 2001
      hi everyone i wanted to know what i need to know
      to make a game like this www.web-docent.com register
      and play it like look around and stuff cause i really
      want to make a game like this and its says i need to
      perl and other stuff ive been asking if someone would
      want to team up with me to make one but no one wants
      to becuase they know theyll have to do all the perl
      stuff
    • royale_sojin
      Message 332 of 332 , Jan 15, 2004
        --- In perlforbeginners@yahoogroups.com, locoswede wrote:
        > OK, so I'm trying to learn how to write
        > CGI-scripts with Perl but I'm on a Windows98-machine and I
        > can't get PWS configured correctly to run the scripts.
        > I put the scripts in the cgi-bin and it is set to
        > be able to both read, write and execute but still I
        > can't run my Perl-scripts. Can somebody PLEASE give me
        > a hand and explain to me how I configure PWS to run
        > CGI-scripts?<br>Oh, and please don't get on my case for using PWS
        and
        > Windows98 because I really don't have a choice at this
        > point...

        Hi locoswede, did you find out the answer to your question ? I would
        like to do the same too. I only have a pentium P200 and just
        successfully installed PWS on the windows98 se system. I want to run
        a intranet web server and learn CGI programming with it. Any ideas or
        tips or books I should be looking for...windows 98 is not supported
        but a friend told me he still uses it because it is safe from all
        the .net virus stuff of the new windows operatiing systems. I also
        want to learn ASP so for now I want to see how far PWS can take me
        before I install apache web server. Hope to hear from you soon.