[PBML] Re: sending info to a perl script

  • Jeff Boes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 1999
      > I want to be able to click a button on my website to submit some
      > fields to a perl script but at the same time opening a browser
      > window with the results of the submission in (perl script).
      > preferably using javascript so I can specify the window size.

      I haven't, but I think all you have to do is to link the button to something
      that

      a) creates the window, giving it a name; and
      b) references the URL to the script including a "target=" clause to the new
      window. The script won't even know anything about its new window if all of
      this is done in Javascript.

      ----
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~|The tusks that clashed in mighty brawls of mastodons are
      |billiard balls./The sword of Charlemagne the Just is
      Jeffery Boes |ferric oxide, known as rust./The grizzly bear whose potent
      jboes@...|hug was feared by all, is now a rug./Great Caesar's bust
      |is on the shelf, and I don't feel so well myself.
      |"On the Vanity of Earthly Greatness", A.Guiterman (1871-1943)