how to get the remote user id in cgi

  • Kun Xie
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2000
      Hello,
      I find the hash variable of %ENV has the key :$REMOTE_USER ,but when
      I use it in cgi . It just keeps empty, and I cannot find the remote user
      id , what's the reason ? Or have some other methods to get the remote
      user id .

      thanks in advance.

      Regards,
      kxie
    • Oliver Manickum
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2000
        Hello,

        REMOTE_USER from %ENV does not always work in NT under IIS 4... i user
        $Request->ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER")->item when using asp.. maybe it is
        the same problem for u ?

        - Olly