[PBML] sending info to a perl script

  • James Fox
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 1999
      This is really about HTML rather than perl...

      I want to be able to click a button on my website to submit some
      fields to a perl script but at the same time opening a browser
      window with the results of the submission in (perl script).
      preferably using javascript so I can specify the window size.

      Has anyone tackled this before?

      James

      :: James Fox
      :: DJ Associates
      :: Tel: +44 (0)114 2210525
      :: Fax: +44 (0)114 2493450
    • Jeff Boes
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 1999
        > I want to be able to click a button on my website to submit some
        > fields to a perl script but at the same time opening a browser
        > window with the results of the submission in (perl script).
        > preferably using javascript so I can specify the window size.

        I haven't, but I think all you have to do is to link the button to something
        that

        a) creates the window, giving it a name; and
        b) references the URL to the script including a "target=" clause to the new
        window. The script won't even know anything about its new window if all of
        this is done in Javascript.

        ----
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~|The tusks that clashed in mighty brawls of mastodons are
        |billiard balls./The sword of Charlemagne the Just is
        Jeffery Boes |ferric oxide, known as rust./The grizzly bear whose potent
        jboes@...|hug was feared by all, is now a rug./Great Caesar's bust
        |is on the shelf, and I don't feel so well myself.
        |"On the Vanity of Earthly Greatness", A.Guiterman (1871-1943)