Re: PERL sort help please?

  • francisco reyes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
      --- In perl-beginner@egroups.com, Eric Via <ericvia@a...> wrote:
      > Hmm - and this is a big big file - of probably close to half a
      > million records - from the sound of things sounds like I may be
      > better off avoiding the Perl sort.

      With so many records it may be worth your time to work with a
      database. Then you could do all kinds of sorts/queries with your data.

      You could try Mysql or PostgreSQL
    • Eric Via
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
        The date was 11/1/00, and the clock on the mantle read 5:18 PM +0000
        when francisco reyes sat down at the computer and began to type:

        >With so many records it may be worth your time to work with a
        >database. Then you could do all kinds of sorts/queries with your data.
        >
        >You could try Mysql or PostgreSQL

        I have and will continue to look at those for sure my friend -
        thanks very much for the advice!

        EV

        --
        Eric Via