copy files

  • Aman Raheja
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      Hi all
      I am runnibg PERL programs on a linux box.
      Is there a straight way to copy one file on the system to a different
      location, other that opening one file and writing it to another?
      Thank you
      Aman

    • venkata rama sasank
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
        hi aman,

        i dunno how far it would work

        but why dont u invoke system commands like "system". i know that
        this works C but i have never tried it in PERL.

        system (" cp source_file destination"); works fine in C.

        sasank

        --
        reading these signatures is really boring ......
        so i decided against having a signature
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
          you can use the File::Copy module

          http://search.cpan.org