Re: [PBML] Package Name

  • Jeff Eggen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      >I'm getting an error "Global symbol '$email' requires explicit package name
      >at line..."

      Seeing code and the offending line would be great right about here.

      >I'm declaring "my $email = '...'" in the initial few lines of code outside
      >of a sub and prior to calling a sub....

      Ah, but maybe you're calling it inside a loop or something? Please show code to gain more assistance.

      >under 'use strict' is it necessary to define the package names?

      If you mean, "do I have to specify variables as being members of package main", then no, just declaring them with my is good enough.

      HTH,
      Jeff Eggen