RE: [PBML] How do you get Apache to execute perl scripts?

  • Palacios, Gethsemani
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2002
      Only make changes to the following:

      #AddHandler .cgi

    • duffer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2002
        I took out all the lines except the AddHandler .cgi .pl line and all I get is the text of the .pl file in the browser. So that does not work. It evidently needs those other lines to execute perl script.
          Not sure if this is it or not, but don't you need USE::CGI in your perl
          script?

          I too am a complete newbie.....

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
            No, I do not ever use::CGI, I write complete programs instead. This is a bit
            time consuming, as I have to re-itterate what is already there (in CGI.pm),
            but this way I am not stuck in someone else's rulebook.