Re: [[PBML] Win32 module for screen output? (i.e. curses like)]

  • Mark Nenadov
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 28, 2000
      "francisco reyes" <fjrm@...> wrote:
      > I have been happily learning perl with "Perl 5 by Examples".
      > I have been unable to find anything to manage screen ouput on
      > windows. Something like curses for Unix/C but for Perl on windows
      > (Activesate 5XX).
      >
      > Primarily I need clear screen,and cursor positioning

      Francisco, I don't think I have a solution for you, but just to clarify
      things: I assume that since you said "clear screen", you are refering to
      Windows console-mode, since you can't clear the screen with a GUI :)

      Is that assumption correct?

      ~Mark Nenadov

    • francisco reyes
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 28, 2000
        --- In perl-beginner@egroups.com, Mark Nenadov <marknen@u...> wrote:
        >things: I assume that since you said "clear screen", you are
        >refering to Windows console-mode, since you can't clear the
        >screen with a GUI :)
        > Is that assumption correct?

        Yes. I am looking for a console mode type of functionality.
      • Mohammed Sameer
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 28, 2000
          Hi,
          Sorry for interruption
          Isn't there a way to use a GUI in Perl ?

          --------------------------
          http://www.galaxy.f2s.com
          http://galaxy2k.cjb.net

          ------------------------------ Tired of Blind Dates? --> Are You Ready to Meet Someone who likes the same things you do? --> Are You Wasting Time in nightspots hoping you meet your soul mate? --> Are You Serious about Finding Someone you can spend time with? LOVE IS JUST A CLICK AWAY http://204.50.152.142/singles IF you've answered YES to just one of these questions, THEN the 1.3 million members of AmericanSingles.com is the online meeting place for YOU! It could change your life forever, like it has for tens of thousands of our members who have fallen in love through our service. IT'S ABSOLUTELY FREE! ------------------------------ "francisco reyes" <fjrm@...> wrote:

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 28, 2000
            --- "Mohammed Sameer" <mohammedeg@c...> wrote:
            > Sorry for interruption
            > Isn't there a way to use a GUI in Perl ?

            what do you mean by "GUI". Do you mean graphics mode library or an
            IDE (integrated development environment)?

            I have not seen any Text or Graphics mode library for Perl on the
            Win32 environment. Saw a couple for Unix at cpan.
          • Gerrit Haase
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 29, 2000
              > Hi,
              > Sorry for interruption
              > Isn't there a way to use a GUI in Perl ?

              Here we go:

              http://dada.perl.it/

              try also to find TK-Modules on CPAN (also available for ActivePerl)

              have a lot of fun!

              - gph -

              --
              Gerrit Peter Haase
            • Mohammed Sameer
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 30, 2000
                I mean Graphical User Interface

                --------------------------
                http://www.galaxy.f2s.com
                http://galaxy2k.cjb.net

                ------------------------------ Tired of Blind Dates? --> Are You Ready to Meet Someone who likes the same things you do? --> Are You Wasting Time in nightspots hoping you meet your soul mate? --> Are You Serious about Finding Someone you can spend time with? LOVE IS JUST A CLICK AWAY http://204.50.152.142/singles IF you've answered YES to just one of these questions, THEN the 1.3 million members of AmericanSingles.com is the online meeting place for YOU! It could change your life forever, like it has for tens of thousands of our members who have fallen in love through our service. IT'S ABSOLUTELY FREE! ------------------------------ --- "Mohammed Sameer" <mohammedeg@c...> wrote:
                > Sorry for interruption
                > Isn't there a way to use a GUI in Perl ?

                what do you mean by "GUI". Do  you mean graphics mode library or an
                IDE (integrated development environment)?

                I have not seen any Text or Graphics mode library for Perl on the
                Win32 environment. Saw a couple for Unix at cpan.

              • caribou
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2000
                  I think that the Win32::Console module is just what you're looking for.

                  Run 'perldoc Win32::Console' to get more info.

                  Saludos