Re: [PBML] Installing Perl on HPUX ?

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2002
      One of the HP boxes I work on has different versions
      of PERL installed in differet locations. To answer
      your question directly, it does not matter where it is
      installed. You concern on it being installed in a
      "standard" location is important though. One easy way
      to accomidate where it is located now is to creatre a
      symlink where you want it to be from where it is
      actually located. Not a "perfect" answer but it does
      work.

      --- msutfin2 <msutfin@...> wrote:
      > I've only used Perl on Windows up til now. Recently
      > the powers that
      > be, blessed installing Perl on our Unix boxes (HP
      > running 11.00). I
      > downloaded a binary distribution I found a link to
      > under <ports> on
      > CPAN from this URI:
      >
      > http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-

      bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=PERL

      http://mail.yahoo.com/