Re: [PBML] how can i get this to work on tripod.com

  • kf4hou
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
      Not much help for me but have found this
      The URL of any file located in your cgi-bin is:
      http://cgi.tripod.com/your_membername/cgi-bin/filename.

      The absolute system location of files in your cgi-bin is the same as
      the root directory. While a CGI script is running, Tripod's CGI
      server considers your cgi-bin to be the root directory. The system
      location of a file in your cgi-bin would be the file name, since the
      CGI server doesn't see the rest of the directory path. A file
      named "guestbook.html" in your cgi-bin would have "guestbook.html" as
      the system-path name.

      Tripod's CGI server assumes that any file with a .pl or .cgi file
      extension has executable permissions. This means you do not have to
      change any script permissions. Since Tripod does not allow Telnet
      access, you wouldn't be able to change permissions anyway.

      Tripod supports version 5.0 of Perl

      one interesting thing do i need perl on the webite or should it work
      with out it.I was assuming that everthing was good to go with just as
      CGI script in the cgi-bin
      There is no were directly i can ask question on tripod. and i cant
      find anything that shows how to set it up on tripod exaclty plse
      help!!!

      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
      http://www.cpan.org/
      > ** Look for "Regular Expressions in Perl" published by Manning, in
      2002 **
      > <stu> what does y/// stand for? <tenderpuss> why, yansliterate of
      course.
      > [ I'm looking for programming work. If you like my work, let me
      know. ]