Re: server is changing my script?

  • b_harnish
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
      --- In perl-beginner@y..., Justin Virgo <tropicalwebsites@y...> wrote:
      > Oh also my error log says:
      >
      > [Tue Mar 5 11:39:48 2002] [error] [client
      > 209.180.237.234] File does not exist:
      > /home/surfsity/public_html/500.shtml
      > [Tue Mar 5 11:39:48 2002] [error] [client
      > 209.180.237.234] Premature end of script headers:
      > /home/surfsity/public_html/cgi-bin/ezstatvu.pl
      > Unrecognized character \xCC at
      > /home/surfsity/public_html/cgi-bin/ezstatvu.pl line
      > 68.
      >

      > ----
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I have some trouble here,
      >
      > Everytime I try to get my script to run my server
      > changes 2 different values in my script? It makes
      > %CCodes gets changed to Ìodes? and %Days is changed to
      > Úy
      >
      > I have NO IDEA why this is happening? Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks everyone
      >
      > Justin

      The problem may be in the way you're uploading it. If you're uploading it b=
      y a web interface, that could be it. The symptoms look like something is try=
      ing to URL decode your script. It's basically doing this:
      s/%([a-fA-F0-9]{2})/pack('H*',$1)/ge;

      - Brian
    • Justin Virgo
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2002
        Hi Jenda,

        I'm used Dreamweaver to upload the script. I set it to
        upload .cgi and pl in ascii and that worked fine,
        However I think what my problem was, was that I used
        my web host's online editor to edit it real quick
        while I was changning the chmod on the script.

        After I used their editor the script changed.

        The script is working now (check it out if you like ;)
        http://www.surfsity.com/stats

        I contacted my web host (rackhost.net)re I'll have
        questions in the future as I am installing close to 30
        scripts and am having trouble with some.

        Thanks,

        Justin

        http://mail.yahoo.com/