Re: [PBML] [#2] cgi progressive displaying script ?

  • msws_1
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 4, 2002
      > I thought redirects didn't work if you have already printed a
      header?

      Well, that's what I gathered as well from hunting info, but I a
      beginner at this (why I'm here), and it would be nice if the redirect
      was automatic. Worst case, with Jonathon's original message, I took
      it to mean it was possible (msg# 9180).

      Worst case, since the "display as you go" is working, I can have a
      link presented after a forked program finishes for the user to click
      on for a redirect. Main thing was to get the "progressive" display
      happening which it is.

      But if there's a way to cause a redirect automatically, I'm all ears
      (fingers<g>).

      Thanks,
      Scott

      > OK, here's the changes and output. Progressive display working,
      No "automatic" redirect happening:
      > --------------------------------------
      > #!/usr/bin/perl
      > use CGI;
      > $|=1; # Turn on autoflush
      > print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
      > print "<html><body>";
      > print "Please wait, processing.";
      >
      > # file "stop" exists for this test...
      > while (!-e "stop") {
      > sleep 2;
      > print " .";
      > }
      >
      > print "<BR><BR>Done, processing......\n\n\n";
      > print "</body></html><BR><BR>\n\n";
      >
      > # Create a new instance of CGI
      > my $query = new CGI;
      >
      > # Get the URL to which the user should be directed
      > my $target = "http://www.yahoo.com/";
      >
      > # Now redirect to the target
      > print $query->redirect($target);
      >
      > exit;
      >
      > ----------------------------
      > The result web page (source):
      > ----------------------------

        Hi people,

        I have a small problem that I was hoping someone can enlighten me with..

        The regex below is supposed to untaint the $form_data{'cart_id'} data and
        get the $file_path
        var ready to be written to a file.. (in other words, $cart_id is a file
        name.)

        anyway, if I print out $file_path
        after this, I get this:
        /websites/resadmin/kv-e

        instead of this (which is what it should be):
        E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store/123.456

        (where 123.456 is the value of $cart_id)

        Here is the code.

        my $directory_path = 'E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store';

        $cart_id = $form_data{'cart_id'};
        $file_path = "$directory_path/${cart_id}.cart";
        $file_path =~ /([\w\-\=\+\/]+)\.(\w+)/;
        $file_path = "$1.$2";
        $file_path = "" if ($sc_cart_path eq ".");
        # Removed for NT/2000 version.
        #$sc_cart_path =~ s/^\/+//; # Get rid of any residual / prefix

        If I just do this:

        $sc_user_carts_directory_path = "$PaTh/shopping_carts";
        $sc_cart_path = "$sc_user_carts_directory_path/$cart_id";
        The script works.. so something in that regex is cutting most of the file
        path out..

        does anyone know what would be doing this?

        rgds

        Frank
      • Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5, 2002
          On Mar 5, Franki said:

          >anyway, if I print out $file_path
          >/websites/resadmin/kv-e

          I get

          /websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store/123.456

          >instead of this (which is what it should be):
          >E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store/123.456

          You don't allow : as a valid character.

          >my $directory_path = 'E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store';
          >
          >$cart_id = $form_data{'cart_id'};
          >$file_path = "$directory_path/${cart_id}.cart";
          >$file_path =~ /([\w\-\=\+\/]+)\.(\w+)/;

          Include : in the character class:

          ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-\w=+/]+\.\w+)};

        • Jason Larson
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002

            <snip>

            > Include : in the character class:
            >
            > ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-\w=+/]+\.\w+)};
            >
            > --
            > Jeff "japhy" Pinyan japhy@...

            Man, I really hate to correct Japhy, but looks like there might be a typo
            here... Did you mean to say:

            Include : in the character class:

            ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-:\w=+/]+\.\w+)};

            Hope this helps (and I'm not sticking my proverbial foot in my mouth)...
            Jason

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

            The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
            is confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
            information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
            addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
            notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
            than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
            of this information is strictly prohibited.

          • b_harnish
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
              --- In perl-beginner@y..., Jason Larson <jasonl@s...> wrote:
              > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

              > The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
              > is confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
              > information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
              > addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
              > notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
              > than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
              > of this information is strictly prohibited.

              If I show this message to a friend, am I guilty of breaking the law? Am I an "addressee(s)/intended recipient"? If not, then I just took an action because of the information above by replying to it. Technicaly, even if I am an "addressee(s)/intended recipient" I still took an action, but thats just splitting hairs.

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
              Reading the above message is strictly prohibited unless you are underwater while taking the aforementioned action. You will forget that this message even existed. Not complying with this notice is strictly prohibited. If you insist on reading the above message, you agree to the terms and conditions below:
              I) You will wear pajama pants on only one leg for a week.
              II) You will not critisize my spelling.
              III) You waive all rights to naming your first born anything other than Brian.
              IIII) You won't notice that this should be IV.
              V) This thread was over before it started.

              - Brian
            • Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                On Mar 6, Jason Larson said:

                >> From: Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan [mailto:japhy@...]
                >>
                >> Include : in the character class:
                >>
                >> ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-\w=+/]+\.\w+)};
                >
                >Man, I really hate to correct Japhy, but looks like there might be a typo
                >here... Did you mean to say:
                >
                > Include : in the character class:
                >
                > ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-:\w=+/]+\.\w+)};

                Hahahahah. That was really silly of me. :) Thanks for including : in the
                character class, like I suggested but never DID.

              • Mike Payne
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 9, 2002
                  Redirects don't work if you've finished the HTTP headers, try printing this
                  to the browser:

                  -Mike Payne