Re: [PBML] [#2] cgi progressive displaying script ?

  • msws_1
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 4, 2002
      > Try this and let me know if it works! ;-)

      OK, here's the changes and output. Still no redirect happening:
      --------------------------------------
      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use CGI;
      $|=1; # Turn on autoflush
      print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
      print "<html><body>";
      print "Please wait, processing.";

      # file "stop" exists for this test...
      while (!-e "stop") {
      sleep 2;
      print " .";
      }

      print "<BR><BR>Done, processing......\n\n\n";
      print "</body></html><BR><BR>\n\n";

      # Create a new instance of CGI
      my $query = new CGI;

      # Get the URL to which the user should be directed
      my $target = "http://www.yahoo.com/";

      # Now redirect to the target
      print $query->redirect($target);

      exit;

      ----------------------------
      The result web page (source):
      ----------------------------

      Location: http://www.yahoo.com/
      ----------------------------

      Thanks again for the help.
      Scott
    • Franki
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 4, 2002
        I thought redirects didn't work if you have already printed a header?

        rgds

        Frank

        > Try this and let me know if it works! ;-)

        OK, here's the changes and output. Still no redirect happening:
        --------------------------------------
        #!/usr/bin/perl
        use CGI;
        $|=1; # Turn on autoflush
        print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
        print "<html><body>";
        print "Please wait, processing.";

        # file "stop" exists for this test...
        while (!-e "stop") {
        sleep 2;
        print " .";
        }

        print "<BR><BR>Done, processing......\n\n\n";
        print "</body></html><BR><BR>\n\n";

        # Create a new instance of CGI
        my $query = new CGI;

        # Get the URL to which the user should be directed
        my $target = "http://www.yahoo.com/";

        # Now redirect to the target
        print $query->redirect($target);

        exit;

        ----------------------------
        The result web page (source):
        ----------------------------

        Location: http://www.yahoo.com/
        ----------------------------

        Thanks again for the help.
        Scott

        Unsubscribing info is here:

      • msws_1
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 4, 2002
          > I thought redirects didn't work if you have already printed a
          header?

          Well, that's what I gathered as well from hunting info, but I a
          beginner at this (why I'm here), and it would be nice if the redirect
          was automatic. Worst case, with Jonathon's original message, I took
          it to mean it was possible (msg# 9180).

          Worst case, since the "display as you go" is working, I can have a
          link presented after a forked program finishes for the user to click
          on for a redirect. Main thing was to get the "progressive" display
          happening which it is.

          But if there's a way to cause a redirect automatically, I'm all ears
          (fingers<g>).

          Thanks,
          Scott

          > OK, here's the changes and output. Progressive display working,
          No "automatic" redirect happening:
          > --------------------------------------
          > #!/usr/bin/perl
          > use CGI;
          > $|=1; # Turn on autoflush
          > print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
          > print "<html><body>";
          > print "Please wait, processing.";
          >
          > # file "stop" exists for this test...
          > while (!-e "stop") {
          > sleep 2;
          > print " .";
          > }
          >
          > print "<BR><BR>Done, processing......\n\n\n";
          > print "</body></html><BR><BR>\n\n";
          >
          > # Create a new instance of CGI
          > my $query = new CGI;
          >
          > # Get the URL to which the user should be directed
          > my $target = "http://www.yahoo.com/";
          >
          > # Now redirect to the target
          > print $query->redirect($target);
          >
          > exit;
          >
          > ----------------------------
          > The result web page (source):
          > ----------------------------

            Hi people,

            I have a small problem that I was hoping someone can enlighten me with..

            The regex below is supposed to untaint the $form_data{'cart_id'} data and
            get the $file_path
            var ready to be written to a file.. (in other words, $cart_id is a file
            name.)

            anyway, if I print out $file_path
            after this, I get this:
            /websites/resadmin/kv-e

            instead of this (which is what it should be):
            E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store/123.456

            (where 123.456 is the value of $cart_id)

            Here is the code.

            my $directory_path = 'E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store';

            $cart_id = $form_data{'cart_id'};
            $file_path = "$directory_path/${cart_id}.cart";
            $file_path =~ /([\w\-\=\+\/]+)\.(\w+)/;
            $file_path = "$1.$2";
            $file_path = "" if ($sc_cart_path eq ".");
            # Removed for NT/2000 version.
            #$sc_cart_path =~ s/^\/+//; # Get rid of any residual / prefix

            If I just do this:

            $sc_user_carts_directory_path = "$PaTh/shopping_carts";
            $sc_cart_path = "$sc_user_carts_directory_path/$cart_id";
            The script works.. so something in that regex is cutting most of the file
            path out..

            does anyone know what would be doing this?

            rgds

            Frank
          • Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 5, 2002
              On Mar 5, Franki said:

              >anyway, if I print out $file_path
              >/websites/resadmin/kv-e

              I get

              /websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store/123.456

              >instead of this (which is what it should be):
              >E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store/123.456

              You don't allow : as a valid character.

              >my $directory_path = 'E:/websites/resadmin/kv-e/www/cgi-bin/kv-e/store';
              >
              >$cart_id = $form_data{'cart_id'};
              >$file_path = "$directory_path/${cart_id}.cart";
              >$file_path =~ /([\w\-\=\+\/]+)\.(\w+)/;

              Include : in the character class:

              ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-\w=+/]+\.\w+)};

            • Jason Larson
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002

                <snip>

                > Include : in the character class:
                >
                > ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-\w=+/]+\.\w+)};
                >
                > --
                > Jeff "japhy" Pinyan japhy@...

                Man, I really hate to correct Japhy, but looks like there might be a typo
                here... Did you mean to say:

                Include : in the character class:

                ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-:\w=+/]+\.\w+)};

                Hope this helps (and I'm not sticking my proverbial foot in my mouth)...
                Jason

                CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

                The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
                is confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
                information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
                addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
                notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
                than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
                of this information is strictly prohibited.

              • b_harnish
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                  --- In perl-beginner@y..., Jason Larson <jasonl@s...> wrote:
                  > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

                  > The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
                  > is confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
                  > information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
                  > addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
                  > notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
                  > than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
                  > of this information is strictly prohibited.

                  If I show this message to a friend, am I guilty of breaking the law? Am I an "addressee(s)/intended recipient"? If not, then I just took an action because of the information above by replying to it. Technicaly, even if I am an "addressee(s)/intended recipient" I still took an action, but thats just splitting hairs.

                  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
                  Reading the above message is strictly prohibited unless you are underwater while taking the aforementioned action. You will forget that this message even existed. Not complying with this notice is strictly prohibited. If you insist on reading the above message, you agree to the terms and conditions below:
                  I) You will wear pajama pants on only one leg for a week.
                  II) You will not critisize my spelling.
                  III) You waive all rights to naming your first born anything other than Brian.
                  IIII) You won't notice that this should be IV.
                  V) This thread was over before it started.

                  - Brian
                • Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 6, 2002
                    On Mar 6, Jason Larson said:

                    >> From: Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan [mailto:japhy@...]
                    >>
                    >> Include : in the character class:
                    >>
                    >> ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-\w=+/]+\.\w+)};
                    >
                    >Man, I really hate to correct Japhy, but looks like there might be a typo
                    >here... Did you mean to say:
                    >
                    > Include : in the character class:
                    >
                    > ($file_path) = $file_path =~ m{([-:\w=+/]+\.\w+)};

                    Hahahahah. That was really silly of me. :) Thanks for including : in the
                    character class, like I suggested but never DID.

                  • Mike Payne
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 9, 2002
                      Redirects don't work if you've finished the HTTP headers, try printing this
                      to the browser:

                      -Mike Payne
                      I thought redirects didn't work if you have already printed a header?

                      rgds

                      Frank

                      > Try this and let me know if it works! ;-)

                      OK, here's the changes and output. Still no redirect happening:
                      --------------------------------------
                      #!/usr/bin/perl
                      use CGI;
                      $|=1; # Turn on autoflush
                      print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
                      print "<html><body>";
                      print "Please wait, processing.";

                      # file "stop" exists for this test...
                      while (!-e "stop") {
                      sleep 2;
                      print " .";
                      }

                      print "<BR><BR>Done, processing......\n\n\n";
                      print "</body></html><BR><BR>\n\n";

                      # Create a new instance of CGI
                      my $query = new CGI;

                      # Get the URL to which the user should be directed
                      my $target = "http://www.yahoo.com/";

                      # Now redirect to the target
                      print $query->redirect($target);

                      exit;