RE: [PBML] Soapbox (was Saving the content of a URL)

  • Franki
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2002
      don't knock top posting..

      I get 500 emails a day from linux lists I help out on, and most often I want
      to read them quickly..

      using the ppreview window to read the post is great if you don't have to
      scroll down to read..

      people are divided on wether or not top posting is better or not on all the
      lists I am on..

      but being able to read the last post at the start is really handy... then if
      I don't understand what
      that email was in response to, I can scroll down, but if I already know,
      then I don't have to..

      just a thought, I did give top posting alot of thought before I started
      doing it..

      I do admit that I hate non descriptive subjects, (and I have been quilty of
      it myself many times when I forgot to
      put something useful in there myself.)

      rgds

      Frank

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2002
        From: "Charles K. Clarkson" <cclarkson@...>

        > : [soapbox]
        > : Hello.. I have replied to an email that had a terrible subject, : is
        > there a way to get people to use more descriptive subjects : when
        > asking a question? : [/soapbox]
        >
        > No. It is not possible. Every time we convert one person
        > another top-posting neophite user shows up.

        But of course there is. We'd just have to agree on something and
        hold on to it.

        Let's ignore the mails with nondescriptive subjects.
        Let's only send a reply like "Your post has been ignored. Use
        descriptive subjects!"

        If we do this all the time, they WILL learn.

        Actualy ... I intentionaly do so ... every time I see a post without a
        reasonable subject I delete it. If you did not take time to think up a
        subject you don't deserve my help [FULLSTOP]

        > Now get off the
        > bloody box, I'm trying to wash some clothes here. And wipe
        > your shoes. Look at this mess!

        :-)

        Jenda

        =========== Jenda@... == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
        It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
        I can't find it.
        --- me