Hello

  • ROB Technology
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2002
      Hello..I have a rate script that i wrote but it uses SSI and the script i
      wrote it to go with uses .txt files (Where the ssi coding needs to be)...Is
      there a way i can store the actual output of a url to a variable then just
      print that? Thanks.
    • b_harnish
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2002
        --- In perl-beginner@y..., "ROB Technology" <rob@r...> wrote:
        > Hello..I have a rate script that i wrote but it uses SSI and
        the script i
        > wrote it to go with uses .txt files (Where the ssi coding needs
        to be)...Is
        > there a way i can store the actual output of a url to a
        variable then just
        > print that? Thanks.

        [soapbox]
        Hello.. I have replied to an email that had a terrible subject,
        is there a way to get people to use more descriptive subjects
        when asking a question?
        [/soapbox]

        If you want to fetch a URL, and print (to a file) what is
        recieved, take a look at the get function from LWP::Simple.

        use LWP::Simple;
        open OUTFILE,'>asdf.htm' or die "$!";
        my $content = get('http://whatever/');
        print OUTFILE $content;
        close OUTFILE;

        - Brian
      • ROB Technology
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2002
          Sorry. That was me. I was in a hurry and wasn't really paying attention. :-\

          > Hello..I have a rate script that i wrote but it uses SSI and
          the script i
          > wrote it to go with uses .txt files (Where the ssi coding needs
          to be)...Is
          > there a way i can store the actual output of a url to a
          variable then just
          > print that? Thanks.

          [soapbox]
          Hello.. I have replied to an email that had a terrible subject,
          is there a way to get people to use more descriptive subjects
          when asking a question?
          [/soapbox]

          If you want to fetch a URL, and print (to a file) what is
          recieved, take a look at the get function from LWP::Simple.

          use LWP::Simple;
          open OUTFILE,'>asdf.htm' or die "$!";
          my $content = get('http://whatever/');
          print OUTFILE $content;
          close OUTFILE;

          - Brian

          Unsubscribing info is here:

        • michael.watson@bbsrc.ac.uk
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25, 2004
            Important informations!

          • jabir ahmed
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 26, 2005
              Hello

              I have an application in perl and I want to test the same.
              Could someone guide me with reference to Unit Testing and its
              implementations in perl.

              Regards.

              Jabir Ahmed

              --
              It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or
              lose.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 26, 2005

                jabir> I have an application in perl and I want to test the same.
                jabir> Could someone guide me with reference to Unit Testing and its
                jabir> implementations in perl.

                Make sure you have Test::More installed (modern Perls come with this
                already, but older Perls require CPAN installation), and you'll get
                Test::Tutorial as part of the package. Read that, it'll get you
                started.