taint mode module?

  • Franki
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
      Hi guys..

      I have posted several times on this list recently about my desire to
      get one script working with windows and unix servers..

      I have it all working except for one thing,,, (and I own most of that to you
      guys.. thanks..)

      I want the scripts to run in taint mode..

      Windows doesn't like taint mode without changes to IIS to support a differnt
      file extension..

      So I am wondering.. is there are taint module I can use to achive the same
      result?

      a look in "programming perl" mentions a taint module...
      but I didn't understand a good bit of what it was telling me.

      This is what I have now. (what I use to make it more platform independent.)

      $OS = $^O;
      if ($OS =~ /Win/i){
      $operating_system = 'win';
      }
      else {
      $operating_system = 'unix';
      }
      my $path;
      use FindBin qw($Bin);
      $path=$Bin;
      BEGIN {push @INC, $Bin};

      if ($operating_system eq 'unix'){
      require "./config/conf.pl";
      require "./Escape.pl";
      }
      if ($operating_system eq 'win'){
      require "$path/config/conf.pl";
      require "$path/Escape.pl";
      }
      and that seems to work just fine.. (incidently, should the call to FindBin
      be in the begin braces as well???)

      so if I can add to that the way to start taint mode for each platform.. (or
      at least unix/linux) the script
      would be alot safer..

      anyone have any suggestions on this?

      rgds