Re: [PBML] Help with CGI script

  • Dan Boger
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2000

      @array = split /\n/, $textarea;

      > Another question I have: How do you specify the size of a textarea using CGI.pm The default size is rather small and I would like to increase the size so that it is easier to see the data being pasted into the textarea. In fact, if anyone knows a good website that has the nitty gritty details of the CGI module that would be great. I have searched around but there are so many sites that just cover the basics that it is hard to find the jewel of a reference site that I need.

      try "man CGI":

      CREATING A BIG TEXT FIELD

      print $query->textarea(-name=>'foo',
      -default=>'starting value',
      -rows=>10,
      -columns=>50);

      -or

      print $query->textarea('foo','starting value',10,50);

      textarea() is just like textfield, but it allows you to
      specify rows and columns for a multiline text entry box.
      You can provide a starting value for the field, which can
      be long and contain multiple lines.

      :)

      Dan

      --