Re: [PBML] Connection: timeout

  • tbarron@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
      I didn't see an attachment or script in your message, however the problem is probably that your connection timed out (since that's what the error message said). This can be corrected by 1) figuring out a way to make the script run faster or 2) lengthening the time the browser waits before timing out.

      Tom

      perl-beginner@egroups.com wrote:
      > Hi,

      I have a script which takes input from a webpage,
      formats the data and then feeds it into a file.

      The script seems to run OK till it reaches a certain
      point at which it just stops. The browser error says:

      "Connection Timed Out

      I have attached the script - can anyone see what the
      problem is ?

      The part of the script where it stops is marked with
      ####

      Thanks,
      Nathan

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Nathan Rimmer
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2000
        Tom,

        Thanks for the reply - I'm not sure what happened to
        the attachment (well it was 1am !)

        Is there any easy way to lengthen the timeout time of
        a browser (Netscape and IE) ?

        Thanks,
        Nathan

        --- tbarron@... wrote:
        > I didn't see an attachment or script in your
        > message, however the problem is probably that your
        > connection timed out (since that's what the error
        > message said). This can be corrected by 1) figuring
        > out a way to make the script run faster or 2)
        > lengthening the time the browser waits before timing
        > out.
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > perl-beginner@egroups.com wrote:
        > > Hi,
        >
        > I have a script which takes input from a webpage,
        > formats the data and then feeds it into a file.
        >
        > The script seems to run OK till it reaches a certain
        > point at which it just stops. The browser error
        > says:
        >
        > "Connection Timed Out
        >
        > I have attached the script - can anyone see what the
        > problem is ?
        >
        > The part of the script where it stops is marked with
        > ####
        >

        > Thanks,
        > Nathan

        > Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15
        > Free!
        > http://photos.yahoo.com/

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • Tom Barron