RE: [PBML] Taking data directly from memory

  • Jason Sickles
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2000
      Great, many thanks! I never even thought of using environment variables -
      that should work fine for what I'm doing

      ----Original Message Follows----

      Maybe one of the Wizards knows a secret, but as far as I know, direct memory
      access is contrary to the design of Perl. There are no memory pointers and
      no memory address jiggery pokery.
      Perl5 *does* have references, which act just like pointers, but you can't
      f*(*& them up.

      Now with that said, how does your OS save persistent data? Environment
      variables? Other? Perl has various options to get and put information
      from/to the system using OS-supported mechanisms.

      http://profiles.msn.com