[PBML] Re: stop download and %s

  • Oliver Manickum
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 1999
      Hi James,

      As far as I know,  it depends on the server that you are running on.  eg. For IIS4 you have to set the association for the file in it - in IIS = right click on the domain name and then go to properties and  click on the home directories tab.  From there click on configuration and then click on ADD from the APP Mappings tab.  Give it the location to the perl binary eg. c:\perl\bin\perl.exe and the extention pl ,  you can leave the next field blank.  Save all the settings and try it again .  The Web server should run the Perl file now and not download it.

      - Oliver Manickum

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 1999
        Oh and don;t for get to add the %s %s after setting the location C:\perl\bin\perl.exe %s %s
        > Another thing, in Windows NT server, I have had to associate .pl
        > files with perl.exe, I have found I had to add '%s %s' after the
        > perl.exe.
        > Can anyone tell me what these %s things do?

        >From the Win32 FAQ (faq6) ...

        When a script is executed, the first %s will be replaced by the full path to
        the script, and the second %s will be replaced by the script parameters.

        > - Eric D. Smith - Webmaster
        >    B-2 Program Office - (937) 656-5256
        >    mailto:eric.smith@...
        >    B-2 Web Support - mailto:webmaster@...
           Perl makes easy things easy and hard things possible

        click here
      • tlowery@dsdcng1.dsdc.dla.mil
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 1999
          > Oh and don;t for get to add the %s %s after setting the location
          C:\perl\bin\perl.exe %s %s

          Even better is:
          c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -Tw %s %s
          This ensures scripts are executed with warning and tainted.