Re: [PBML] PS.. Exit ?

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
      "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@...>

      : Hi - question.
      :
      : When I put an exit; command in a script..
      :
      : Should the perl script
      :
      : a) Stop ALL processing - remainder of the script
      : b) send all output to the screen - (that is buffered)

      exit will stop a script. perl closes all open files
      runs the DESTROY method of all open objects and generally
      cleans ip after itself. Any buffered output also gets
      displayed.

      : Ive apparently got a script (that last week was working as
      : normal . . .
      :
      : However today, Ive run/ran the script (in a browser) -
      : & it displays the top part of the script..
      : & then it apparently stops 'outputting' the remainder of
      : the output/html.
      :
      : If i press "stop" on my browser - all the output appears...

      Sounds like you are in the middle of a TABLE and when you
      press stop in the browser, it quickly calculates the table
      size and completes its display.

      : - Ive manually put the exit in, Near abouts after it displays
      : the top part of the screen..
      :
      : same effect.. _ It doesnt stop (automatically), & displays all
      : the output..
      : when i press "stop" - it shows all the output up to that point.

      Have you tried this in another browser? Does it do the same
      thing in Mozilla and Opera?

      : PS - my other scripts work fine,
      : however with this one script, I also notice the
      : "Internet Explorer" logo appearing - Then dissapearing
      : (No extra screens are created..)

      How about you share the script with us? We can then try to
      duplicate your error and help you out.

      HTH,
      Charles K. Clarkson
      Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.
      254 968-8328

      If you value anything, value other humans, for they are the only help you will
      have in times of trouble.
    • Gordon Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002

        -------------------

        Hi - question.

        When I put an exit; command in a script..

        Should the perl script

        a) Stop ALL processing - remainder of the script
        b) send all output to the screen - (that is buffered)

        Ive apparently got a script (that last week was working as normal..

        However today, Ive run/ran the script (in a browser) - & it displays the top part of the script.. & then it apparently stops 'outputting' the remainder of the output/html .

        If i press "stop" on my browser - all the output appears...

        any suggestions ?

        G.
      • Ricardo Valfreixo
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
          Heya,

          if you are using a apache server.. try to drop a few debug code
          (warn lines) and check the error log were exactly does the script
          stops.. it can be a DB access or something that depends on another
          machine..

          Vx

          GS> - Ive manually put the exit in, Near abouts after it displays the top part of the screen..

          GS> same effect.. _ It doesnt stop (automatically), & displays all the output..
          GS> when i press "stop" - it shows all the output up to that point.

          GS> PS - my other scripts work fine, however with this one script, I also notice the "Internet Explorer" logo appearing - Then dissapearing (No extra screens are created..)

          GS> -------------------

          GS> Hi - question.

          GS> When I put an exit; command in a script..

          GS> Should the perl script

          GS> a) Stop ALL processing - remainder of the script
          GS> b) send all output to the screen - (that is buffered)

          GS> Ive apparently got a script (that last week was working as normal..

          GS> However today, Ive run/ran the script (in a browser) - & it displays the top part of the script.. & then it apparently stops 'outputting' the remainder of the output/html .

          GS> If i press "stop" on my browser - all the output appears...

          GS> any suggestions ?

          GS> G.

          Peace,
          Ricardo 'Vx' Valfreixo mailto:valfreixo@...